Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Perlin Noise

The talk at the JUG meeting last night sparked a memory about perlin noise. The talk had nothing to do with perlin noise, but there was some talk about filtering out noise from this device a person created to track your heartbeat. The person created the device using a Java Sunspot device and some off the shelf electronic components. I thought it was a fun presentation.

Back to the topic. All this talk about noise and filtering reminded me of perlin noise. I decided to find the page I used to implement my terrain generator for my graphics class at UT. This page was great because it also introduced me to how interpolation works.

I decided to look up some other information on interpolation and I thought I'd share this page. It has a lot of nice visualizations.

No comments: